Our Privacy Notice
We want to show you personalised services, products and promotions, we think you’ll be interested in them based, on information we collect from you and third parties. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. We’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way but if you have any questions, please contact us.
Who we are
This website is operated by Handmade Scandi Co
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Our collection and use of your personal information
We collect personal information about you when you access our website, register with us, contact us, send us feedback, purchase products via our website, post material to our website and compete customer surveys or participate in competitions via our website.
We collect this personal information from you either directly, such as when you register with us, contact us or purchase products via our website or indirectly, such as your browsing activity while on our website.
The personal information we collect about you depends on the particular activities carried out through our website. Such information includes:
- your name, address and contact details
- date of birth
- bank account and payment details
- details of any feedback you give us by phone, email, post or via social media
- information about the services we provide to you
- your account details, such as username, login details
We use this personal information to:
- create and manage your account with us
- verify your identity
- provide goods and services to you
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
In order to be able to offer you Partial.y's payment options, we will pass to Partial.y's certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Partial.y to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Partial.y
This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information relating to children.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
When we use your personal information we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we may rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- legal obligation: where our use of your personal information is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information which overrides our legitimate interests)
What we do with the info we collect
We use this data to make decisions to improve our products and services and send you promotional offers based on what we think you will like or have bought. We a have a legitimate interest to maintain our relationship with you, and protect your data.
Transferring your information
If we transfer your information to third parties it is only to those working for us on a third party basis such as Accountant or web development services, all information is password protected and/or encryption technology is used to protect you.
How we store your information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your credit card details to us, we use encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide a valuable service to you. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
Changes to this policy
How to contact us and making a complaint
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh